Even before you read the formal definition of a genre in writing, what has been your favorite genre to read or write in thus far? Is there a particular genre that you really want to like, but don't? Is there a certain genre that you would like to read more of, or perhaps even try to write?
I like to read biographies or true stories. I find it interested to read about real life people and interesting events that they have gone through.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to read more series novels like a harry potter or lord of the rings.
I'd like to write a little more creatively than the usual term paper we write in college.
JM
I enjoy reading novels such as the Harry Potter Series or the Divergent series, and I also like reading teen fiction novels. The teen fiction authors I like best are John Green and Sarah Dessen. I would love to read the Mortal Instruments series but I don't think I would like those type of fantasy novels.
ReplyDeleteAs for the reading/writing in this course, I, like Jonathan, would love to do anything outside of the "typical college material reading" that's usually done.
~Katie Pavlick
My two favorite genres of writing would have to be drama and mystery. I have found that these two genres grab and keep my attention better than any other genre.
ReplyDeleteI wished I liked horror novels more, however I find that I can't get as deep into them as some other genres.
I would love to read more plays because I really do enjoy them, but struggle with reading them at times.
I agree with everyone else in saying that anything different from the normal college material would be great!
Kaitlin Fracchiolla
My favorite genre to read or write in so far would have to be thrillers or mysteries. I really would like to be interested in sic-fi type books, but cannot find interest in them. I would love to read more historical type novels, to learn more about real life scenarios.
ReplyDeleteAs far as writing goes, I would really enjoy doing more creative-type writing.
Nicole Goodwin
My absolute favorite genre is Historical Fiction. It's always amazed me how much research and time the author has to put forth in order to create a best-selling Historical Fiction novel. One genre I can't really seem to get around, though, is Sci-Fi. If it' basic supernatural stuff, like vampires, werewolves, and ghosts- I'm all for it. But when it comes to "science experiments gone bad" or aliens, I can never seem to get through the book.
ReplyDeleteI love to read and write just about anything fictional, or related to history and research I thoroughly enjoy the expansion these things give to my emotions, creativity, and knowledge base.
Tawny Fox
I'm guessing my favorite genre would be sci-fi or fantasy considering my favorite books are generally in those categories. The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and Ender's Game are some of my favorite books and they all also happen to be a part of series.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a particular genre I want to read more of, but I do want to read more. Any books of any genre are fine with me as long as they are good.
When it comes to writing, I'm not sure what I want to write about.
My favorite genre to read is mystery or teen novels. And my favorite genre to write is fantasy, I guess.
ReplyDeleteI’ve tried to get into horror novels but I just can’t seem to develop any interest in them.
I would really like to write more plays and do more creative writing and along with everyone else, something different than the “typical college reading material”.
-Shelby Bergstresser
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have always had an affinity for fantasy and science fiction, particularly in literature that focuses on dystopian societies and defying social norms. I wish that I could read historical non-fiction, because learning about the past is something that i feel is very important; however, I've never been able to get through it without extensive difficulty. I have had a proclivity towards poetry while free-writing in the past, but I hope that in the future I will be able to write a journal about my life experiences in a way that is interesting and amusing to my audience. -Kat Kleeman
ReplyDeleteMy favorite genre to read has always been mysteries, and this is because it always keeps you guessing and thinking. It is hard to become bored with a mystery. They always seem to keep you thinking and wondering what will happen next.
ReplyDeleteI wish that I could get into non-fiction more. I would like to be able to read about current events and what is happening around the world more, however that is not always the most interesting thing for me to focus on.
I am not the best to write creatively, however I would not mind to try to more. To write creatively the story line is entirely up to you and you can take it anywhere you would like. Therefore I feel as though I could have more fun with that.
Lora Zubrzycki
I like to read adventure stories and Fiction. I think that fiction stories hold my attention in the book much better and for a longer period of time. Informative style would be the best way that I write.
ReplyDeleteI would actually really like to read the Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin.
This semester I would like to read more creative stories that are not as factual and historical as some books are, and I may even like to try some creative writing.
Sam Cook